On a Fashion Budget? 5 Tips That Will Bridge the Gap Between Your STYLE & Your Wallet!
Updated: Feb 23, 2020
As a PR Professional with a Passion for Fashion I like to express my own unique style while "Balling on a Budget" per se! Great looking style does not always mean breaking the bank! There are ways to look classy and sassy while maintaining a professional brand the public will come to know and enjoy!
Here are Five Tips when it comes to shopping on a Budget:
1. Don't be afraid to mix prints that are in the same color scheme! According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, "If the colors look good together, more often than not the prints will look good together too." As you can see in the picture below, I went with Blue in different stripes with a pair of booties with flowers! This look goes over well for networking events, meetings with clients or speaking engagements! It shows my unique style, but stills carries a professional vibe that makes the public take notice!
2. Check out Thrift Stores, Consignment Shops and Your Closet! I have found that shopping in Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops you can come across some amazing finds for fraction of the price! The only challenge you may face is sifting through all the clothes until you come across that great find! Trust me in the end, it's worth it! After visiting the Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops, don't forget to shop in your own closet! More than not you will find an amazing outfit, top, slacks or dress that you can upscale into an entirely new outfit!
3. Create your own style! There's nothing like expressing yourself through Fashion, especially when it vibes with your personality! What better way to say "Hello World, Here I am!" with a style that has your signature taste!
4. If you're on a budget, you may not want to follow the latest trends! They tend to go out of style as quickly as they come in! And they can be costly. Now don't get me wrong, Trends are fun and okay to follow when you're not being budget conscious. However, if its a trend that really speaks to you, you'd be surprised at what you can find in your closet, thrift stores, consignment shops or dupes that are not as expensive and you can upscale them later into something different or another trend! Or why not start a trend of your own! Again, you can never go wrong with being unique and fashionable!
5. Be Confident! Whether its patterns, prints, colors, and stripes you are wearing or mixing-be confident, be bold, and be unique!
Until next time, be fashionable, be great, and most importantly Be You! Bridging the Gap Between You & Your Style, I'm Bridgett S. Holden!
Navy Blue Penned Striped Jacket by @annekleinofficial - Purchased @valuevillage_thrift for $0.25!
White & Navy Blue Stripe Shirt purchased @buffaloexchange $5
Navy Blue & White Stripe Overalls from Target $29.99
Navy Blue Plaid Booties w/Flowers by @indigo.rd - Gift
#Stripes #OnStripes #OnStripes #WhoSaysYouCantMixStripesTogether #MyThriftyOOTD #BeYourself #MyThriftyCreation #Casual #Classy #Chic #Style #Thrifty #ItsALook #Thriftalicious #RetroRootsAndFashion #TheFashionThrift #ThriftSense #FashionThrift #Thriftastic #ThriftyChic